Technician Training Experience
Welcome to the Technician Training Experience!
The TTE programme is aimed at technicians who are looking for a challenging professional experience which furthers their career.
You will have the opportunity to work in a diversity of fields at the cutting edge of technology: electronics, electricity, mechanics, IT, vacuum, cooling and ventilation, safety, radioprotection, survey engineering, are but a few of the examples of the many domains in which successful applicants will learn and contribute their knowledge.
Your application will be considered by a panel of CERN experts for a place within the programme.
The next meeting of these experts will take place in October 2019.
We are currently hiring technicians for a range of projects:
➜ Designer for Integration and Reverse engineering in CERN accelerator complex;
➜ Preparation and Work Supervision of Signal and DC-cabling Installations;
➜ IT Development and Operations tools Technician - DevOps;
➜ Mechatronics Technician for Assembly and Validation of Advanced Alignment Systems;
➜ Electrotechnician - Network Operations;
➜ Mechatronic Technician for Control Systems on Beam Intercepting Devices;
➜ Mechanical Designer.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member State or Associate Member State (https://home.cern/about/member-states);
- You have a Technical Diploma (careers.cern/ttediplomas), and no more than 4 years' relevant experience after finishing your diploma;
- If you are currently studying, you are still eligible to apply, although you are expected to have obtained your qualification by the start of your appointment at CERN;
- If you hold a BSc or MSc, you are not eligible. However you may be eligible for the Fellowship Programme.
You should have at least a working knowledge of English or French.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract of one year, renewable for a second year;
- On-the-job and formal training at CERN as well as in-house language courses for English and/or French;
- A take-home pay of 3,546 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax);
- Coverage by CERN's comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund;
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva;
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.