MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow Role Title and Location:
Industrial Manufacturing Engineer - BoltonJob Ref No:
Manufacturing UK MBDA Level of role:
Level 4Reports to
: Industrial Manufacturing Manager The Opportunity
Manage the performance of the supply base to ensure that they deliver product to time, quality and cost. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Ideally qualified to HNC.HND or equivalent, plus substantial relevant experience
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing processes
- An understanding of Electrical and Electronic processes would be an advantage
- A good understanding of Project Management and Supply Chain principles, practices and processes
- Can define, re-engineer and review processes
- Good commercial and financial understanding
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Good communication skills; able to communicate verbally and in writing
- UKAS Lead Assessor qualified
What would you get?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, , and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- Support the Industrial Manager in the implementation of the Industrial Validation Plans within the Supply Base to ensure that robust and comprehensive technical and manufacturing solutions are available
- Carry out Product Assessments to ensure that the MBDA industrial Requirements are met and producibility objectives are achieved
- Support the Industrial Manager in Production Readiness Reviews within the Supply Base ensuring appropriate levels of Manufacturing, Inspection and Test readiness.Where gaps are identified ensure that the appropriate improvement plans are put into place
- Initiate product containment action planning as appropriate
- Ensure that supplier non-conformances are managed to closure with effective remedial and corrective actions throughout the product life cycle for commodity suppliers only.
- Conduct review of supplier First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs) both at the supplier and at MBDA ensuring they comply with MBDA data pack requirements, resolving any issues to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Support to the Manufacturing Integrated Production Teams and Defect Review Boards or Project Meetings, taking responsibility for the timely resolution of any supplier issues associated with Programme, Quality and Cost
- Responsible for the setting of the Goods Inwards Inspection criteria in SAP using the inspection planning and inspection methods functionality
- Responsible for undertaking product verification activity at the Supplier prior to product delivery in accordance with the needs of the Project (i.e The Industrial Manager & Product Assurance Manager)
- Responsible for ensuring product specific Manufacturing System delivery requirements are met by suppliers and any corrective actions are in place
- Interface management with ISP (Industrial Policy, Global Supply Chain & Procurement), Programmes Quality, Operations Quality and Design
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)