We are looking for Environmental Test Engineers to join our experienced team within the Environmental Engineering and Facilities (EE&F) department, working in our test laboratory at Stevenage.
You will be working with our extensive range of test facilities to support high technology product development, formal qualification and failure investigations, whilst also being involved in the development of new techniques to improve effectiveness and reliability.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally HNC/HND qualified or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- Practical person with proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective at working in teams with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of mechanical (vibration and shock) and climatic testing, including derivation of control strategies, function of climatic chambers and equipment, vibration test controllers and data acquisition systems.
- Good working knowledge of instrumentation types
- Relevant experience of Environmental defence standards
- A strong ability to identify the correct technical solution and drive this though with the Customer.
- A less experienced candidate who is able and willing to learn on the job would be considered, starting at a lower level with the opportunity for progression as skills and experience develop.
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team to develop your skills whilst interacting with high technology equipment on a daily basis and working in a challenging environment where no two days are the same. Involvement throughout the product lifecycle provides a unique insight into all aspects of weapon system development where you can make a difference.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
The Environmental Test Engineer role covers the following typical responsibilities:
What’s great about the team?
- Ongoing liaison with the Project team, including input to the planning of test campaigns
- Configuring and running tests using vibration, shock and climatic test facilities.
- Writing Test House Certificates to report on test activities
- Applying technical knowledge in a range of Environmental test techniques in compliance with DEF STAN 00-35, Mil Std 810 and other relevant standards.
- Investigation of product behaviour and modifying tests accordingly; reviewing failures related to environmental inputs and recommending solutions.
- Instrumentation and measurement of products exposed to environmental tests.
- Definition and adaptation of test control strategies
- Contributing to the development and commissioning of new test facilities.
The team has a wide range of experience so there are great opportunities to learn from others as well as working in an atmosphere of high co-operation and team spirit pulling together to face challenges. Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval). Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)