AWE are currently recruiting for Manufacturing Engineers
Location: Reading /Basingstoke area
Salary, £33,850 - £47,850 dependent on experience plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional benefits and an excellent work / life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
We design and manufacture a wide range of products, materials and tools to support our mission. Our operations include precision component manufacture, fabrication, explosive formulation, fissile material production, rubbers and plastics, and warhead assembly and disassembly.
The role of an Engineer within this area of our business is to design/deliver and manage process design, equipment and documentation using best practice. This will include the production of configuration documentation in accordance with appropriate procedures and legislation within a highly regulated environment.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who are at various stages of their career who can demonstrate a wide engineering experience ideally within a Manufacturing or Production Engineering environment, delivering engineering and production systems to support a range of processes which are compliant with the relevant legislation.
Ideally candidates will have previous experience within some of the following:
· A detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes which may include machining, presswork, moulding and metallurgy
· Mechanical design (D2M) of tooling or equipment including requirements capture, presenting at design reviews
· Knowledge of materials and their properties
· Knowledge of design of components, tool design and manufacture
· Good knowledge of manufacturing systems and knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
· An understanding and application of UK Health and Safety Legislation in a Manufacturing or Production environment including quality standards, best practice and procedures
· Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Continuous Improvement, Quality Tools and Model Based Realisation
· An ability to produce or assist in the production of Technical Product Specifications (designs, drawings, reports, instructions, etc.)
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that talent is unrelated to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, social background or any other form of diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.