An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic engineer to own the delivery of a missile system Design Certificate to enable entry into service for UK and International customers and to achieve flight clearance on multiple platform types. The opportunity involves working closely with Customers to achieve evidence acceptance, gaining visibility and recognition through delivery of key contractual milestones What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to influence a wide range of external stakeholders (MOD and Platform Authorities) to gain acceptance of missile system into service
- Experience of delivering missile system design certificates, liaising and negotiating with project and equipment teams to gain their inputs
- A sound understanding of Design Verification and Certification process at overall system and sub-system level
- Experience of generating and capturing certification evidence into compliance statements C
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues and priorities concurrently
- Previous experience of delivering trial clearance and/or design certification documentation
- People and/or task management experience (expected to develop during the role)
What would you get?
- Exposure to a wide range of external stakeholders
- Enhancing your influencing, negotiating and task management skills
- Opportunity to regularly engage with the Chief Engineer and MBDA Technical Excellence
- Learning about weapon qualification, platform integration and certification on a major weapon D&M contract
- Potential to develop your people management skills through team member management
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- The role is to plan and execute the system certification tasks for a missile, which include:
- Managing certification tasks (at all levels) and liaison with the project team, the equipment teams, aircraft integration, Technical Experts and the wider certification community.
- Generating and maintaining the certification evidence at weapon system, system and sub-system level
- Presenting evidence to MoD stakeholders (WECA, LMAS PT and SMEs as required) and managing a progressive acceptance process
- The team delivers a world class product which has been successfully used in hundreds of operational engagements
- The team has 30+ engineers covering all life cycle phases and product variants
- The product and project team have both a long history and exciting future with multiple contracts to deliver and many future business and export opportunities in the pipeline
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval). Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)