An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic engineer to join the team supporting the Brimstone weapon system in the In-Service Environment. This will include the opportunity to travel to MoD and supplier’s sites. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- A good team worker, able to take the lead role when necessary but equally able to take other team roles
- Ability to address technical issues related to any part of a weapon system (including identifying use of suitable support) and understand the implications of the issue from the perspective of the user/ operator community.
- Ability to identify where the issue has a potential safety implication and able to take an appropriate course of action.
- The successful candidate needs to be comfortable in a work environment that requires involvement on multiple concurrent tasks with constantly changing priorities, pressures and timescale requirements
- An understanding of air platform environment and constraints
- Some experience of work package management or equivalent experience of scheduling of work across a team would be beneficial.
- Ability to work in multiple teams including stakeholders across MBDA, the supply chain and MoD.
- Ability to influence others, including external stakeholders, is desirable.
What would you get?
- The opportunity to gain experience of any part of the weapon system
- Improve your knowledge of MBDA by work across multiple disciplinesand stakeholders
- Contact with the UK customer
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- Act as primary support for the Brimstone Engineering Manager including acting as deputy where necessary.
- Manage and carry out engineering tasks in support of the Brimstone weapon system in the In-Service environment to maintain weapon system safety, availability and capability. Tasks can vary from answering of simple queries to conducting investigations of faults, issues and development through to getting Customer approval of investigation completion and delivery of remedies. It is likely that there will be a need to work in the industrial units to carry out investigation activities which must be conducted in a safe and controlled manner supported by a risk assessment.
- Provide regular progress reports as required by Engineering Manager/ Project Manager.
- Take active role in meetings with the Customer and Suppliers.
- Take part in programmes for refurbishment or replacement of equipment used in-service.
- Interface with MBDA engineering departments, CSS Support staff and management, Procurement Management, Project Manager, Supplier technical points of contact, Customer technical points of contact.
- Involvement in broader CSS UK activities as required.
- You will be joining a dedicated, focussed team responsible for supporting a world class product which has been successfully used in a large numberof operational engagements
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval). Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)