Principal Software Engineer DevOps
DevOps Lead – Be part of the solution
As a DevOps Lead you will be responsible for implementing and managing the DevOps strategy, processes and standards. You will support efficient software build and deployment through source code control, continuous integration and software quality tools and methods typically employed in the development of software products.
On a typical day you may:
- Deliver and manage Infrastructure to support Continuous Integration, build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of source control, integration and testing processes, procedures and tools
- Supporting Build Release and Software licensing Requirements across the Product Development and Test Team
- Monitoring metrics and feedback as to the health of the software builds, and instigating strategic actions to address root cause issues
You will lead a cross functional scrum DevOps team through a software delivery project in a scaled Agile environment, so you will take part in Scrum events and Sprint reviews and work collaboratively with our customer.
You will bring your experience of leading a Software Development team in a scrum environment, guiding the development teams on how to use DevOps practices and values.
Ideally, you may also have experience of some of the following:
- Understanding of software architectures, and design patterns
- Defect investigation and root cause analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of testing of software installation s on Windows environments
- Web Technologies - OData, HTTP, TLS, and REST
- Testing and deployment of software on Windows 10 and Server 2016
- Test Management tools such as Rational Quality Manager
- Working in virtualized environments
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager