Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Design team is now looking for a CAD/PDM Specialist to join, taking responsibility for the management of CAD and PDM systems including support to the user community. It will be your job to set best practices for 3D modelling, drawings and PDM process, as well as provide functional support for the enhancement, development and implementation of any future PDM/PLM capabilities within the business.
What will you be doing?
- Setting the corporate standard for CAD modelling, draughting and assemblies and providing governance to ensure that the processes are followed
- Providing support in the creation and quality check of Product Information (e.g. CAD data, Bill of Materials, Change documents) before release to the PDM system
- Performing day to day PDM support and maintenance activities
- Ensuring the security and integrity of mechanical CAD data, BOM and Change Management
- Skilled in the administration of a PDM system (ideally SolidWorks PDM)
- A strong history of using SolidWorks in a professional environment
- An HND in Engineering or equivalent qualification with relevant experience
- A thorough understanding of either BS 8888 or ASME Y14.5 and the practical application of it
- Excellent understanding of how to apply GD&T when creating component and assembly drawings
- Experienced in the design of components and assemblies that have gone into production
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……