Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Design team is now looking for a Mechanical Draughtsman to join, taking responsibility for supporting our design engineers with creating CAD models, assemblies and drawings for products that are released into our CFCs. This could range from working on our highly innovative, automated robotics, to peripheral systems and the structural grid system - all intrinsically and crucially linked to the profitability of the business.
What will you be doing?
- Creating CAD models, assemblies, drawings and specifications according to best practice and corporate standards
- Ensuring the corporate standard for CAD modelling and draughting is followed by adherence, and by giving guidance to others
- Supporting the mechanical CAD/PDM system to ensure availability to all users
- Supporting and promoting the security and integrity of mechanical CAD data
- A thorough understanding of BS 8888 and GD&T
- A strong history of using SolidWorks in a product development environment
- Familiar with using a PDM system, preferably SolidWorks PDM or SolidWorks Workgroup PDM
- A proven track record in the design of components and assemblies that have gone into production
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…