Head of Operations
Head of Operations
£52,375 - £60,229
Bristol or Nuneaton
Do you have a strong technical background with significant experience of automotive type approval?
Do you want the opportunity to support the automotive industry across the globe?
If so, these exciting opportunities to join VCA as our Head of Operations for our Bristol and Nuneaton offices are for you, and we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for strong leaders to manage both our Bristol and Nuneaton offices, where you will provide transparent management and effective operational delivery of your respective operations. In leading your teams you’ll engage locally with staff and contractors, as well as support our regional partners/offices to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction together with a robust application of VCA’s global policies and procedures.
This is a unique opportunity that offers you the chance to engage with our stakeholders both locally and worldwide, where you will be expected to attend regular face to face meetings to build effective working relationships and deliver a high level of service.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility and leadership of respective Bristol and Nuneaton based operations for the provision of Type Approval and Regulatory Support services;
• Resource planning and deployment aimed at maximizing efficiency and utilization whilst securing the necessary flexibility to support demand at peak periods;
• Resource management of all staff and contractors including; recruitment, training/development, technical competence, and performance appraisals.
• Compliance with relevant DfT/VCA policies and procedures in the management and delivery of type approval services including; equality, sustainability, confidentiality, data protection, and health and safety;
• Contract management, including the change control process, dispute resolution, performance management, commercial risk management;
• Operational responsibility for quality and performance against agency KPI’s;
• Responsibly for ISO17020/25 compliance of their operation and fully support the wider agency accreditation process;
• Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction through building and maintaining professional and responsive working relationships, adding value to VCA services wherever possible;
• Financial responsibility to deliver against agreed budgets and updating of forecasts in respect of cost, revenue and margin;
• Oversee the communications and exchanges of information between Bristol/Nuneaton offices and wider VCA operations globally.
You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor your delivery to suit a wide variety of audiences, maximising both impact and understanding. You’ll have strong leadership and engagement skills, with the ability to influence others and help them to work together towards a shared objective.
You will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities. You are someone who works well autonomously and as part of a team, where you have the vision to know where your efforts are needed most, and align your work to where it will be most effective.
Closing date: 30 September 2019.