General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team
In order to deliver this program GDMS have adopted an Agile Methodology in the form of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) and is applying it across the whole system and product development lifecycle. This is a step change approach from traditional waterfall delivery model and is designed to enable continuous delivery and validation of solutions, with flexibility to respond to changing customer requirements, foster innovation and promote collaborative working between team and Customer stakeholders based on shared interest, values and goals.
Product Integration and Test operate as part of the Agile Release Train level within a Scaled Agile Framework. Tasks will be varied and include product integration, verification, validation, assurance & analysis against product design documentation. The successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets
The PI&T role requires a candidate who has proven in-depth software integration and testing capability in planning, scheduling, and executing in a domain relevant to Tactical Communications Systems
This role is for a PI&T Lead to lead the PI&T team responsible for software integration and test activity to support design certification, assurance and acceptance for the EvO System Management and Security products. Responsibilities include the management and governance of the following:
- The development and execution of appropriate integration and test plans
- Managing the integration of bespoke products onto a windows platform
- Definition of test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases.
- Management of test results and associated data
- Produce test reports and associated test conclusions - including provision of metrics data.
- Management and report of integration and test activities status.
- Utilization of automation tools and techniques, and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Execution of SIAT with the SAFe Agile Framework.
- Customer and stakeholder engagement/management.
- Champion the PI&T build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools
- Proven capability as a Technical lead or manager of a large Integration and Test team on a complex software development program with a track record of delivery.
- Technical experience in the application of practical and pragmatic Product Integration and Test engineering on large scale Software design and development programs.
- Experience of managing the integration of changing software, hardware and firmware baselines.
- Experience of defining, designing, implementing and executing test automation to reduce effort, costs and time.
- Understanding of software development and test particularly of WEB based products
- Ability to orient issues within Internet and OSI-layered communications models - good understanding of messaging and routing protocols, TCP/IP, UDP, including those applicable to wireless and wired environments
- Microsoft Windows Platform experience with good understanding of Windows architecture, services, security features, and virtualization
- Experience with DevOps and automation essential. Using tools such as Katalon and Robot.
- Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills - comfortable working in a technical laboratory while adhering to lab rules e.g. safe handling, equipment tracking and ESD
- Knowledge of the BCIP system is highly desirable.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or similar agile process.
- Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools: Enterprise Architecture, DOORs, IBM Rational Rhapsody, RTC, RQM
- Understanding of tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios, routers, switches and system management considerations
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.