Manufacturing Engineering Technician
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles - a highly-protected and mobile 4x4 platform with high-deployment availability.
The role will draw upon the employee’s experience in vehicle assembly or maintenance to develop work instructions and other documentation for the assembly, integration, and testing of AFV platforms. The role will require the ability to review and understand engineering design data (CAD models, drawings, specifications, etc.) in order to extract the relevant assembly requirements and then generate the necessary detailed instructions for shop floor personnel to fabricate a vehicle to that engineering design. The role will be expected to execute the initial work instructions on vehicle to validate the accuracy and efficacy of the instructions prior to full release for general use.
- Develop detailed work instructions for assembly of components onto AFV platforms
- Execute initial work instruction on platform to validate accuracy and completeness of the work instructions developed.
- Support build plan development and continuous improvement activities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the over AFV assembly process.
- Support RCCA analyses with subject matter expertise on work instruction content and execution
- A strong background in military vehicle assembly, maintenance, and/or operation.
- Ability to liaise with and present information to multidiscipline and multinational team members
- Willing to travel extensively within the UK and Europe
- Experience with viewing and manipulating CAD models
- Experience with using PDM Tools (Windchill, preferred)
- Familiarity with current British Army tracked and wheeled vehicles
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Automotive Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Control & Instrumentation Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Manufacturing jobs in Engineering Manager