Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
This role will support all UK sites in ensuring electrical compliance is achieved in an efficient and safe manner. As the UK Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Engineer you will provide technical support within electrical distribution, instrumentation and control systems ensuring safe, cost effective solutions are provided. You will provide proactive support to electrical technicians when required whilst identifying, controlling and driving improvement opportunities.
- Ensure electrical maintenance at all sites is conducted in a safe way
- Monitor and support the sites to ensure electrical compliance is achieved
- Manage and control the UK SCADA, PLC and condition monitoring network and also provide emergency support
- Provide a regular electrical engineering presence across all sites
- Execute activities to fulfil the set of KPI’s, enabling continuous improvement of both engineering and operational activity
- Support capital projects with the set up and execution of new processes and or technologies
- Support and develop the electrical maintenance department staff across the sites
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate Engineering discipline and ideally a time served engineer
- You will have significant experience within processing industries
- Significant experience in electrical distribution (HV & LV) systems and instrumentation
- Extensive experience in PLC and SCADA systems (preferably Siemens S7 and GE Proficy iFix)
- Experience of managing projects and costs
- Willingness to travel to all UK sites
- Ability to lead multi-disciplined teams and outside contractors
Sibelco offers a compelling culture in which people thrive and perform at their best across diverse nations and roles, where employees are challenged to explore possibilities and are recognised for their contribution to the company’s successes.
Please submit your application below to be formally considered for our role.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.