System Integration and Test Automation SITA Lead Engineer
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team
The SI&T Engineering team is responsible for the integration, Verification and Validation, and release testing of incremental system baselines using both traditional, manual testing and enterprise-scale automated test facilities. In addition to validating the system, the SI&T team will also be responsible for conducting System-of-Systems testing to verify the performance of MORPHEUS services connected in to the wider Defence enterprise.
The SITA Lead will provide governance over these programme test activities and will also be required to support ongoing bid activities, providing expertise over the scope and costing of test elements within new business opportunities.
- Analyse bid requirements and transpose those in to a cost effective, compliant System Integration and Test Automation solution.
- Lead, direct and evolve the evolution of test environments to continuously deliver operational capability improvements, increase efficiency and reduce overall cost.
- Oversee the definition of test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts, utilizing system and product-level specifications, design collateral and System Use Cases.
- Test and assure products, subsystems and systems to agreed requirements and performance envelopes.
- Foster a continuous improvement culture to progressively evolve the SITA capability.
- Execution of an enterprise-scale SITA solution within an agile, ITSM framework.
- Provide leadership to and governance over the SITA team operating within a contracted ITSM framework.
- Provide advice and governance over 3rd Party test organisations.
- Work with the management team to define appropriate OLAs that will be required to ensure successful delivery of the solutions across the enterprise.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with senior stakeholders internally within GD and externally across Customer representatives and 3rd Part organisations.
- Accountable for ensuring and reporting on adherence to processes, OLAs, SLAs, KPIs, XLAs and required metrics.
- Define & publish all integration, automation, test and acceptance processes.
- Manage all test results and associated data, including Bug management and resolution.
- Oversee the production of test reports and associated test conclusions - including provision of metrics data.
- Evangelise and train test and automation techniques that enable quality, increase efficiency, and reduce cost and waste.
- Support the System Engineering team in defining a software architecture strategy and associated requirements in support of Test Driven Development.
- Evaluate system performance, conformance to Non-Functional requirements, suggesting improvements and corrective actions where appropriate.
- Proven capability as a Technical lead or manager of a large Systems Integration and Test team on a complex C4I development programme with a track record of delivery.
- Understanding of tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios, routers, switches and system management considerations
- Ability to act within a SITA leadership role operating inside an enterprise-scale ITSM environment.
- Experience for manual and automated testing
- Advanced ISTQB Certified
- Strong influencing skills to work with external stakeholders where no direct contractual framework can be used to achieve desired outcomes.
- Understanding of software-centric complex systems.
- Understanding of CI/CT/CD pipelines
- Working knowledge of tools such as: Jenkins, Gtlab, Jira, FOSSA, Postman, DOORS & RQM
- Servant Leader
- Understanding of Enterprise IT systems and technologies.
- Understanding of tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios, routers, switches and system management considerations.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with proven ability to present formally to external Customers and other stakeholders
- Degree level education in IT/Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience of implementing integration and test automation activities at scale within enterprise-level organisations.
- Experience in helping to define and working with OLAs, XLAs, SLAs and KPIs.
- Experience of defining, designing, implementing and executing at-scale test automation to reduce effort, costs and time.
- Experience of managing the integration of changing software, hardware and firmware to build multiple system baselines.
- Experience in large scale, complex Systems Integration, test and acceptance.
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile Delivery models.
- Experience of automation and virtualization
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.