Manufacturing Quality Engineer (12 month FTC)
Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Technical team is now looking for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer to join on a 12 month contract, based at a site in Blyth, Newcastle. You will be responsible for putting in place appropriate quality frameworks with suppliers including system and component testing, operating procedures and quality plans, to allow product handover to be successful.
As this role is based in Newcastle with the wider Manufacturing team at our engineering office in Welwyn Garden City, some flexibility with regards to travelling to different sites is likely to be required.
What will you be doing?
- Putting in place and verifying the supplier’s quality framework, including ensuring that test capabilities are at an acceptable level
- Assisting in qualification of new manufacturers or processes
- Identifying key statistical process controls (SPC) parameters and working with suppliers to ensure adequate monitoring and reporting
- Ensuring that any manufacturing quality issues identified in pre-production trials are addressed prior to handover
- An engineering/science qualification
- Experience in design for manufacture and manufacturing quality in areas such as industrial equipment, instrumentation, high volume manufacturing or FMCG
- Experience in continuous process improvement (inc. quality tools: FMEA, FAST, Critical Parameters, 6 Sigma)
- Awareness and application of analytical tools to aid the manufacturing process
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…