Production Engineer (Erith)
Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Production team is now looking for a Production Engineer to join our CFC in Erith, taking responsibility for resolving engineering issues on our products from handover to end-of-life. This could include working on the grid, robots, peripherals, maintenance areas, crash protection and recovery systems - the work done in this team making a tangible difference to the success and profitability of Ocado Group as a business.
What will you be doing?
- Providing a containment for and resolving design based issues with the electro-mechanical equipment in our CFCs
- Ensuring solutions are fully tested, documented and findings presented
- Working alongside the Design team to ensure continuity with product upgrades
- Ensuring work undertaken is done safely, and changes made do not affect compliance
- An engineering/science qualification to HND or degree level
- Strong problem solving skills (Six Sigma qualification or training beneficial)
- Engineering skills to resolve mechanical/electrical/electronics/manufacturing/reliability issues (working in conjunction with relevant teams)
- Experience and ability to manage internal design and engineering resources as well as external suppliers
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…