Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Quality Management function, which takes responsibility for ensuring that as we grow as a company, we’re creating an environment with systems and processes that assure outcomes. The introduction and development of new automation products and the change surrounding this for the wider business needs to be managed and communicated effectively, and this team is now looking for Quality & Process Manager to help make this happen. This isn’t a quality role for somebody looking for physical parts quality, rather the quality of process - what we do and how well we do it.
What will you be doing?
- Working across Ocado Engineering and Ocado Technology delivery areas to establish process capability, identifying requirements and working collaboratively to create and embed processes
- Defining business process for internal organisation and management systems development
- Agreeing process definition with buy-in from process owners and stakeholders
- Acting as a subject matter expert for problem-solving techniques and approaches
- Utilising structured quality tools and problem solving techniques to facilitate and support process development and deployments, and audit compliance
- Facilitating workshops to define ways of working; alignment to management systems requirements (ISO9001/ ISO27001)
- Previous involvement in the introduction of ISO9001:2015
- Experience implementing change in a fast paced environment; building a consensus and gaining acceptance
- Change management and acceptance building skills
- Implementation of management systems for operations, strategic partners and suppliers
- Degree/ HND qualified in technical or quality discipline
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…