Senior Software Engineer - Interoperability
Fancy working on the design and development of the next-generation tactical communication and information system for the British Army?
An opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer – Interoperability in support of the delivery of IRAD (Research & Development) and experimentation projects.
On a typical day the role will involve working with the rest of the IRAD team to support agile ways of working including agile Software Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing. You will work proactively across the team to ensure software design and implementation meet its requirements. You will also have the opportunity to travel between Chippenham, Oakdale and Hastings sites regularly or when required.
You will bring your experience of software design and development, ideally in complex systems to the team along with experience of using software development standards and processes.
- Software development utilizing modern languages (e.g. C# C++)
- Virtualisation, ESXI, and HyperV applications; of container technologies and with cloud computing.
- IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert, EA, Rhapsody
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with development in a delivery focused, commercially successful organization
- Development using libraries/frameworks for Networking, User Interface, System Configuration as well as concurrency/asynchronous IO.
Ideally, you may also have experience of some of the following:
- Analysing user needs - designing and implementing software subsystem components in line with user stories and epics
- Integrating of the solution(s) onto test, development and end user representative systems to ensure that functionality and performance is in accordance with the agreed goals/requirements.
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!