Senior Systems Engineer - Interoperability
Fancy working on the design and development of the next-generation tactical communication and information system for the British Army?
An opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer – Interoperability in support of IRAD (Research & Development) and experimentation projects.
This role will involve working with the rest of the development team to support agile ways of working including Scrum Software Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing and will work with the Product Owner to ensure deliverables are committed to, are delivered on time and to the required quality.
Day to day activities will include:
- Integrating of the solution(s) onto test, development and end user representative systems to ensure that functionality and performance is in accordance with the agreed goals/requirements.
- Analysing and debugging software and system integration issues on target hardware and software environments
- Undertaking and supporting product and integration test requirements and acceptance activities
- Ability to generate well-structured technical documents and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines.
- Working collaboratively across programmes and R&D teams to deliver the most effective interoperability solutions using the in-service and in-development technology.
You will bring with you your experience in:
- Virtualisation, ESXI, HyperV application container technologies and with cloud computing
- Networking/Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) to Setup and configure computing hardware devices, including computers, routers and switches
- Firewall Config/Administration Inc SSL/TLS
- Working within a SAFe/Scrum or other Agile development methodology
- IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert, EA, Rhapsody
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with development in a delivery focused, commercially successful organization
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!