General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles - a highly-protected and mobile 4x4 platform with high-deployment availability.
The objective of this position is to drive forward the SV programme acceptance activity such that evidence gathered through various activities such as design, modelling, testing and trials, including key subcontractors is reviewed and deemed sufficiently mature to sign-off a requirement as compliant. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the successful candidate will require to work across all engineering domains and be customer facing with strong negotiating skills
- Technical domain knowledge of AFVs and associated subsystems covering both tracked and wheeled vehicles
- Thorough understanding of integration, test and acceptance procedures
- Ability to liaise with and present technical information to multidiscipline and multinational team members
- Demonstrable experience with office tools (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Degree qualified or equivalent military experience
- Experience of using DOORS or other requirements management databases
- Proven track record of complex system integration, test and acceptance programmes
- Customer facing experience
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Good PC skills and demonstrable competence in the use of MS Office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio;
- Ability to interact with and provide support and constructive input to groups including senior managers and engineering functions
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.