The MBDA Test Equipment Department has many exciting projects that have challenging technology and timescales to achieve. This has created opportunities for Test Equipment Development Engineers to join our team and help deliver this challenging work. The role
The Test Equipment Development Engineer will be part of a wider design team charged with the design, production, integration and proving of Test Equipment to test MBDA’s cutting edge Missiles and Missile Systems. This is a domain that covers electronics, electrical, mechanical, RF, measurement equipment and instrumentation so there is a wide variety to this role and each task can be quite different to the previous. What’s in it for you?
This role offers the opportunity to work on some of the most advanced engineering products in the sector with the opportunity to develop and grow into broader engineering disciplines (analogue, digital, RF optical, Environmental Stress Screening, power and more.) However, the role also offers the opportunity to specialise in certain fields across that broad and varied technology and skill base. The role is based in Stevenage but there will most likely be the opportunity to work across MBDA’s UK sites with possible international travel as required. What’s great about the team?
The UK Test Equipment team is a multi-disciplined dynamic, focussed and agile team of about 100 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Equipment design, including specialisation on hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. These skills are located together in one plateau providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence that binds the team together to face the challenges of the future What we are looking for?
What you would get
- You will ideally be HND qualified in a relevant electronics / electrical discipline
- You will have experience in operation and structure of Test Equipment
- You will have some demonstrable experience of designing manual, semi-automated and fully computerised ATE [Automatic Test Equipment] using COTS and / or custom special to type based equipment.
- You will have an understanding of the design processes and best practices necessary to support the design and development lifecycle.
- You will have some familiarity with some of the Test Techniques used onRF, Analogue, Digital, Optical, Comms, functional test and Environmental Stress Screening processes
- You will be enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and be keen to push yourself.
- You will acknowledge your own capabilities and seek guidance where needed.
- You will be a good communicator, both written and verbally
- You will have good problem solving skills and the ability to contribute positively to engineering investigations
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.