Systems Engineer - DSC
Be part of the solution - help develop and maintain the complex Tactical C4i communications system used by the British Army.
As a Systems Engineer working within the Design Services Contract team (DSC) you will, work across the full engineering lifecycle from concept exploration, systems design, test, acceptance through to delivery and support.
A typical day could include:
- Requirements Analysis and definition at a User, System and Product level
- System Design to develop technical solutions to complex requirements and problems
- Definition/Documentation of Architecture and System Design
- Integration and test at Product and System level
- Management and support of 3rd party suppliers
- Investigate and resolve issues from the customer
You will operate as a member of a dynamic team with devolved ownership and responsibilities for specific tasks and outputs to deliver solutions that meet customer needs to a defined quality standard, on time and within budget. You will also give support to the wider engineering team such as Quality, Safety, Security and Human Factors.
You may not have a defence background but you will bring with you your experience in Engineering – systems, hardware, software, electronic communications or computer systems. You will be able to support and own tasks and, depending upon the role, offer technical leadership to others within the team.
Ideally, you may also have experience of some of the following:
- Tactical C4I Systems
- Presenting at Progress reviews with customers
- Generating technical documents
- Test planning and test case development and execution
- Field trials
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!