Fancy working on the design and development of the next-generation tactical communication and information system for the British Army?
As part of the Systems Integration and Test (SI&T) Team working within the Morpheus Evolve to Open (EvO) programme you will help transform the existing communication system into an open and flexible technical and business architecture. You will work to support design certification, assurance and acceptance for the entire EvO system.
A typical day could include:
- Product and system integration testing
- Defining test cases, procedures and scripts
- Create and or execute test plans
- Problem solving to identify defects
- Provide assurance and acceptance for the system
- Formal reporting
- Customer demonstrations
As part of the wider Systems Engineering team you will work within a scaled Agile framework, so depending on the role you could take part in Scrum events and Sprint reviews. You will work on real kit in our labs and potentially support field based testing. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with our customer. As a key member of the SI&T team you will help drive performance, improvements and delivery.
You may not have a defence background but you will bring with you your experience in Engineering – Electrical, Mechanical, and Computer Systems, Hardware or Commercial IT architecture and Technologies. You will have significant experience in SI&T including Windows 10 hardware. You will be able to support and own tasks and depending upon the role you may offer technical leadership to others within the team.
Ideally, you may also have experience of some of the following:
- Capability User Case (CUC) Acceptance testing
- Build and test automation
- Tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios, routers and switches
- Internet and OSI-layered communications models
- Tools such as IBM Doors, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!