System Integration and Test Team Lead
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team
The System Integration and Test (SI&T) Lead role will provide technical leadership and governance for SI&T teams. The SI&T Engineering team is responsible for the integration and system testing of the system baseline to provide a body of test evidence and support design certification to demonstrate system compliance.
The role requires a candidate who has proven in-depth system integration and testing capability in planning, scheduling, executing an SIAT programme in a domain relevant to Tactical Comms Systems.
The role is responsible, along with SI&T Programme Manager and Engineer Manager for planning, execution and delivery (on time, to cost and quality) Systems Integration, Test, Assurance and Acceptance.
This role is for an SI&T Lead to manage, on a daily basis, the SI&T team responsible for system integration and test activity to support design certification, assurance and acceptance for the EvO System. Responsibilities include the management and governance of the following:
- Development and execution of appropriate integration and test plans
- Definition of test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases.
- Management of test results and associated data
- Produce test reports and associated test conclusions - including provision of metrics data.
- Management and report of integration and test activities status.
- Utlilisation of automation tools and techniques, and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Execution of SIAT with the SAFe Agile Framework.
- Customer and stakeholder engagement/management
- Proven capability as a Technical lead or manager of a large Systems Integration and Test team on a complex C4I development programme with a track record of delivery.
- Understanding of tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios, routers, switches and system management considerations
- Experience of defining, designing, implementing and executing test automation to reduce effort, costs and time.
- Experience of managing the integration of changing software, hardware and firmware baselines.
- Provided High Level of technical expertise and guidance to the SI&T team, specifically messaging and routing protocols, APIs, TCP/IP, UDP, including those applicable to wireless and wired environments
- Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills - comfortable working in a technical laboratory while adhering to lab rules e.g. safe handling, equipment tracking and ESD
- Knowledge of the BCIP system is highly desirable.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or similar agile process
- Significant experience leading SIAT in a domain relevant to Tactical Communications Systems.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.