An opportunity has arisen to be part of an expanding Export Control & Compliance team which works across all areas of the business in the UK and internationally. You will manage the compliance policy across MBDA UK and will be leading a team. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- High level of expertise required in all aspects of Export Licensing, ITAR & EAR regulations, EU directives, other export control regulations and other relevant treaties or regimes
- Experience in internal and external compliance audit is expected
- Previous experience of line management of a team is expected
- Promote change by bringing fresh thinking and constructive challenge to the way we do things, listening to new ideas with an open mind
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Build and develop enduring relationships with a range of stakeholders in different disciplines.
- Ability to stimulate productive debate with others and influence decision making
- Resilient and forward thinking
- Accuracy to details
What would you get?
- You will be involved with any Project within the UK business and also working internationally (regular travel within the UK and notably France, Germany and Italy)
- You will be gaining knowledge on the company product portfolio
- Involved in compliance topics at group level
- Involved in industry associations and national authorities meetings, working groups, seminars as required
- You will have the opportunity to learn and develop (by social collaboration with others, in workshops, TED talks, lunchtime learning, e-learning, online courses, formal classroom training…) and you have a range of resources designed to support for career development & progression (1to1 development, Career builder: online space to find advise, support and info to help employees to take control or their career, Mentoring…)
Competitive salary, flexible working, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes, superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
You will manage the compliance policy across MBDA UK and be leading a team:
What’s great about the team?
- To lead the national export compliance policy, in a consistent manner with MBDA Group policy and to be fully involved in the definition of the strategy of the export compliance at group level
- To manage the deployment of processes, tools, training and compliance assessment, liaising with teams in each relevant sector
- To ensure all national obligations evolution are monitored and taken into account,
- To advise on complex export control compliance issues
- To assist with government audits in collaboration with the Head of Export control
- To network internally and externally to anticipate future regulations evolutions or any other challenges the company will have to face
- To support and develop a team:
- Make sure your team members understand what they are trying to achieve, and why
- Create a culture where people feel motivated and supported to innovate and promote changes
- Encourage team collaboration
- Develop your team members, by providing challenging work, encouraging learning, and ensuring knowledge is shared and transferred
- Create a working environment which recognises the importance of wellbeing of employees
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team responsible for the development of export control and compliance best practices and providing essential support to each other.
- The team is consistently striving to achieve excellent export control compliance which involves reacting to new technologies, challenging products and destinations, proposing changes to work more efficiently and helping to influence others
- Experience on all projects and areas of the business mean that the work is very diverse and rewarding
- Working in a team where changing circumstances and prioritisation is always challenging and inspiring
- Changing and adapting to the business and react to unforeseen requests and changes
- The transversal role of the team allows working with all directorate of MBDA (key stakeholders such as Sales, Contract management, Engineering, Procurement, Customer Support Services, Shipping, Security…)
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.