CAD Engineer (Electrical Machines & Systems)
Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Design team is now looking for a CAD Engineer (Electrical Machines and Products) to join us, taking responsibility for systematically creating the CAD drawings and relevant documentation of the highly innovative automated products that are required in our CFCs.
What will you be doing?
- Producing electrical CAD drawings using EPLAN Electric P8 software
- Accurately producing and updating Single Line, schematic and wiring diagrams
- Taking mark-ups from design engineers and both producing and coordinating as-installed CAD drawings
- Creating electrical wiring schematics and panel/wiring drawings
- Producing Bill of Materials, FDS, preparation and execution of documentation
- Producing electrical schematics to the IEC 61082 standard
- HND or degree in Engineering
- Advanced EPLAN user (P8 and/or Propanel)
- Experience working on electrical cabinets and control systems for applications in a new product development environment
- Active experience on DFMEA, PFMEA
- Experience of simulation of electrical systems
- Experience working with suppliers and contract manufacturers
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…