Electrical Design Engineer
Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Design team is now looking for an Electrical Design Engineer, to own the design of electrical machines and systems for our growing suite of automated products. This role is integral for new developments, as well as necessary design reviews and upgrades to existing products.
What will you be doing?
- Selecting and configuring controls, power and safety system architecture for new automation equipment
- Designing automated machines, their sub-systems or components using control systems, machinery systems and sub-systems
- Specifying and selecting electrical components
- Supporting development of design verification test plans (including advising on test procedures/test rigs) and carrying out relevant investigation activities
- Experience designing electrical cabinets and control systems for applications (special purpose machinery/electro-mechanical products and machines)
- Previous work history in a full product development lifecycle environment
- Ability to select components (e.g. switchgear, cables, sensors etc)
- Advanced CAD package user (ideally EPLAN)
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…