Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Projects team is now looking for a Safety Engineering Project Manager to join, taking responsibility for driving automation projections to completion on all safety and compliance matters. You will be ensuring that safety related activities are carried out in accordance with the departmental methodology, and with a growing international project portfolio, this is a pivotal position within the team.
What will you be doing?
- Project managing the planning, execution, control and closing of safety and regulatory compliance related-work
- Defining success milestones and manage development programs within budget and to timescale
- Ensuring that appropriate contractual arrangements are negotiated and in place
- Responsibility for tracking safety and reporting compliance status for all projects to senior management
- Ensuring there is no outstanding technical debt associated with safety and regulatory compliance when machines at deployed on site
- An Engineering qualification, to HND or Degree level
- Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation hardware
- Proven track record in system or technical design and delivery
- Experience in a safety/compliance role in a similar industry
- Experience in managing project budgets
- Ability to quantify and/or qualify project risk against business impact and take appropriate decisions
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…