Senior Continuous Improvement Project Manager
Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Realisation team, which takes responsibility for optimising and fine-tuning the performance of our MHE robotics. The team is now looking for a Senior Continuous Improvement Project Manager to join, whose role it will be to manage both short and long-term continuous improvement projects, both at the defining and delivering stages, in a production environment. You will have a Project Manager and Analyst report into you.
What will you be doing?
- Driving the process of conducting root-cause analysis of hardware, software, integration and process failures, working with expert teams from around the business
- Application of structured problem-solving techniques (SS/LSS/8D)
- Managing and supporting roll-out of software and hardware solutions
- Requesting and managing budgets for SI programmes
- Managing and supporting team members and provide mentorship, supervision, and feedback on a regular and as-needed basis
- Providing a focal point and championing new product requirements to result in performance enhancement and optimisation
- Experience leading a team of people from varying backgrounds and knowledge bases (including remote teams)
- Solid understanding of system complexities to ensure the correct resource and development areas are allocated accordingly
- Demonstrable project management and continuous improvement experience
- Experience managing progress and delivery of fixes against timelines and overall cost benefits (Cost/Schedule/Scope)
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, to a variety of stakeholders of different levels
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…