Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Technical team is now looking for a Systems Engineer to join, who will be responsible for the architecture of the document system and sub-system interfaces, delivering integrated engineering solutions and championing system engineering best practices.
What will you be doing?
- Facilitating and documenting all levels of project requirements
- Taking responsibility for the quality and ongoing maintenance of documents
- Documenting the system architecture
- Documenting and implementing best practices in functional modelling and logical modelling of systems
- Creating systems models to predict product behaviour
- Degree level engineering/science qualification
- Experience of system engineering for complex automated products in an NPD environment (e.g. industrial machines, autonomous vehicles, robots or complex consumer goods)
- Technical ability (or practical experience) relating to complicated electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in system engineering tools (including functional block diagrams, data flow diagrams, V-model of system engineering, design of experiments)
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…