Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Product Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products (with a catalogue of around 500 products and counting!). Our Design team is now looking for a Technical Author to join, taking responsibility for producing and editing documentation (in the optimum format/media) to support the design, launch and operation of a wide range of electro-mechanical equipment.
What will you be doing?
- Analysing complex electro-mechanical systems and synthesising documents and processes in clear English
- Writing engineering documents - e.g. technical requirements, functional design specifications, interface control documents, process charts, mechanical flow diagrams, manufacturing process documents, packaging and transportation specifications, factory acceptance tests, commissioning guides and site acceptance tests
- Writing end-user documents - e.g. installation guides, operation and maintenance manuals, fault analysis trees, repair procedures, spare parts catalogues
- Writing training material
- Technical background in electro-mechanical engineering
- Practical experience of the maintenance and operation of equipment
- Ability to write technical descriptions in non-technical language
- HNC/Degree or equivalent in technology related discipline
- Previous experience of writing Systems Engineering documents such as: Requirements, Functional Specification, Technical Specifications / Basis of Design
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…