Industrial Services Engineer
Industrial Services Engineer
Cereal Partners, UK
Competitive salary, potential bonus and excellent benefits
At Cereal Partners UK we have established ourselves as one of the largest cereal manufacturers in the UK, making many well-loved brands with a long heritage. Our aim is simple: to provide high quality, nutritious and great tasting breakfast cereals. You could join our mission to create a nation of Cereal Lovers!
The successful incumbent will be responsible for optimising the site services availability, reliability, cost and legislative standards, whilst ensuring compliance with current and foreseen company requirements indirectly through Maintenance Technicians and recognised specialist contractors. Embed and manage the Engineering legislative standards for the site. Provide a site wide support function for all services and buildings, provide focus and improve all measures within the Engineering department. Support site energy management program. Manage CHP plant.
A day in the life or an Industrial Services Engineer…
- Ensure reliable cost-effective utility services to site to optimise the Factory performance.
- Ensure that all work carried out meets current H&S legislation and Company policies in force: including legionella control, pressure Systems safety regulations, LOLER, asbestos management, refrigeration safety (Ammonia), boiler house management, climate change agreements, CHPQA management and greenhouse gas management
- Maintain a safe working environment with focus on zero accidents contributing towards site SHE objectives.
- Ensure compliance with and continual improvement of all management systems and policies.
- Support multi-disciplined teams to achieve factory targets.
- Support wider engineering team for maintenance issues, effective communications and deputise for maintenance team managers.
- Control all environmental impacts and compliance with legislative requirements.
- Understand business attributes to prioritise tasks in line with local KPIs and business demands.
- To improve manufacturing equipment reliability and efficiency through implementation of improvements identified and driven through TPM tools (E.g. DMAIC/GSTD) to establish root cause methodologies.
- Identify and implement minor capital projects to improve plant performance.
- Energy Management:
- Collate/report energy data to support regulatory requirements and check consumptions against invoices.
- Lead and implement energy/water/GHG reduction initiatives for site, develop and deliver actions to meet site KPI/ME.
- Lead site ISO50001 program
What Will Make You Successful?
This is an exciting opportunity for an industrial engineer with a focus on sustainability and energy management. We are looking for the following skills & experience.
- High calibre engineer with HNC/HND or Degree.
- Preferably BOAS trained
- Sound engineering experience proven within a manufacturing environment, preferably with food products or FMCG.
- Solid communication skills, comfortable presenting ideas to groups.
- Excellent management skills, able to lead cross functional teams and multiple projects/priorities.
- Sound technical knowledge & practical experience of working within health & safety legislation (CDM, risk assessments, permit to work systems, refrigeration preferred).
- Computer literate, including MS Office and SAP
- Excellent knowledge of site utilities e.g. gas, steam, refrigeration, water, legionella, compressed air, lifting equipment, pressure vessels.
What You Need to Know
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To find out more about Cereal Partners UK, please visit https://www.nestle-cereals.com/uk/en/ and to Apply for this role please click Apply.
Nestlé UK&I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
More searches like this
- Electrical Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Maintenance & Service Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Mechanical Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Safety Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer