Software SV Training Systems Lead
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles - a highly-protected and mobile 4x4 platform with high-deployment availability.
You will oversee the development and delivery the EA Software deliverables for all in-house SV Training Platforms & Systems. The role will place significant demands on their engineering skill and experience, in order to effectively meet the needs of four distinct Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFV), training systems. Success in this endeavour with require close co-operation with colleagues throughout the SV Systems and Software Teams, including: Training, Requirements, Development, QA, System Integration and Test teams
- Estimate, plan and monitor the delivery of SV Training Systems Software tasks and activities as required to deliver Electronic Architecture subsystems and components, in-line with project demands.
- Review and assess additions and alterations to functional and non-functional requirements captured in the Software Requirements Model (SRM) and assess their impact on the SV Training System’s software.
- Oversee all output from the SV Training Systems Software team, ensuring the technical adequacy and quality of the team's work products, including unit code, software components, scripts, test reports and verification evidence.
- Direct the team's technical approach to the design and development of all SV Training Systems Software Sub-systems and components.
- Preparation and reporting of the SV Training Team’s progress against agreed objectives and goals.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholder in the planning and preparation of key technical reviews.
- Line Management (e.g. goal setting, appraisal, mentoring, career development) of Test team members.
- Driving best practice and continuous improvement within Software Test Discipline in particular
- Expert C/C++ software programming language.
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle; software design, implementation, test, V&V. utilizing traditional and agile process methodologies.
- Strong background in the design and development of real-time distributed software systems, with experience of system Object Management Group’s (OMG), Data Distribution Service desirable.
- Familiarity with Real-time Transmission Protocol (RTP) and Digital Video Standards; YCbCr, MPEG2, H.264
- Strong background in CASE tools that support UML model development. With experience of IBM DOORS and Rhapsody an advantage
- Experience of analysing distributed, real-time systems that utilize Ethernet and IP open standards and protocols
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Mechanical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager