Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Realisation team, which takes responsibility for optimising and fine-tuning the performance of our MHE robotics. The team is now looking for a Continuous Improvement Project Manager to join, taking responsibility of conducting root cause analysis of issues and leading continuous improvement projects to enhance our highly automated, world-leading logistics solution (Ocado Smart Platform).
What will you be doing?
- Managing detailed investigations into specific MHE failure modes and implementing solutions
- Driving the process of conducting root cause analysis of hardware, software, integration and process failures using structured problem-solving techniques
- Managing and supporting rollout of software and hardware solutions
- Requesting and manage budgets for SI programmes
- Weekly reporting through meetings, written reports and presentations (up to Director level)
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Ability to manage progress and delivery of fixes against timelines and overall cost benefits (Cost/Schedule/Scope)
- Experience using structured problem-solving methods (e.g. SS/LSS/8D)
- Experience working in an electrical/mechanical/manufacturing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and time management skills
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……