Data Analyst - Automation
Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within the Automation Development department sits the Realisation team, which takes responsibility for optimising and fine-tuning the performance of our MHE robotics. The team is now looking for a Data Analyst - Automation to join, taking responsibility for conducting data analysis and building reporting tools to highlight problems, identifying areas for investigation and improvement and driving project work.
What will you be doing?
- Leading investigations into understanding trends and patterns in the performance of our autonomous robots and associated systems
- Liaising with developers and other analysts to ensure data is sourced and used appropriately
- Publishing and maintaining reports and visualisations (using Tableau and other tools) to provide insight into system behaviour and performance
- Reviewing data files (up to extremely large data sets), focusing on individual robot performance and interpretation of test results
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in mathematics, science, physics, computer science (or any other highly numerate subject)
- Detail-oriented with the ability to look for patterns and trends within large volumes of data
- Ability to write and optimise SQL
- Experience reporting and visualising data (using Tableau/Kibana)
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……