Lead Telemetry Specialist
• Location: Crosshands, Llandarcy or St. Mellons
• Grade & Salary: G8 - £42,474-£46,910
• Post number: 201212
• Type of contract: Permanent (Applications for secondments are also welcome)
• Work pattern: 37 hrs per week. Monday to Friday
Closing date: 27 October 2019
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options (including but not limited to working from different locations, flexi time, compressed hours and term time working), occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, tax free childcare and salary sacrifice schemes.
Natural Resources Wales are actively recruiting for an experienced Lead Telemetry Specialist. This position is part of a telemetry support team helping deliver the departments overall objectives in the short and long term. The role will be expected to liaise with the Telemetry Specialist and ICT Architecture, Service Delivery and Project Delivery counterparts, to ensure that our applications are supported & projects are delivered to the highest standards.
Qualifications and Skills
o Experience of managing a wide area telemetry / SCADA system.
o You will be expected to keep up to date with changing policy and proposed changes to legislation via membership of a relevant professional body or other equivalent means.
o Be resilient and able to cope with high pressure situations.
o You’ll possess proven ability and/or in-depth knowledge in the following areas:
• Instrumentation and measurement systems, equipment and standards.
• Windows server based systems.
• Computer networks and network services.
• Programming and scripting languages.
• Data exchange and encapsulation methods.
• Able to communicate with and influence people at all organisational levels, internally and externally;
• Able to work independently, demonstrating innovation, initiative and an ability to develop, or be receptive to, new ideas and creative solutions.
For more information, please visit our website.