Product Development Engineer (KTP Associate)
An exciting opportunity has become available to work full time on a 30-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with the Manchester Metropolitan University, to embed new-to-company design and biomechanics/engineering modelling capabilities that will facilitate the development of new-to-market products, driving significant sales growth in leisure and rehabilitation markets.
Based at: Shapemaster Global Ltd, Holmfirth
Shapemaster Global Limited is a leading provider of power assisted exercise equipment for the leisure and rehabilitation markets. Based in Yorkshire, they design, assemble and distribute products, direct from their manufacturing facility, to both UK and overseas customers and agents.
Their target markets are older adults, and those living with limited mobility or disabilities. Currently, only 12% of the population visits a gym or leisure centre due to lack of appeal of the mainstream gym to older adults. Shapemaster Global Ltd has created an alternative to this, with inclusive exercise facilities (the 'feel good' centre concept), which they are rolling out across the UK (via public leisure and rehab centres) and in Norway.
Qualification we require:
Engineering graduate, with a PhD or other further degree/equivalent experience in a related area.
Candidates will have experience of the following:
- Using engineering software packages including Computational Aided Design (CAD) and Computational Aided Engineering (CAE), e.g. Solidworks, ANSYS;
- Research in a field related to engineering design, ideally related to the human interactions;
- Familiar with software packages linked to biomechanical analysis and particularly software involved in engineering design;
- Human movement analysis (motion capture) – desirable.
- Knowledge of product development regulations - desirable
- Competitive salary and benefits
- £2,000 per year to spend on personal training;
- Attendance at two residential managerial workshops (each of one week’s duration);
- Work with world-leading researchers at the Manchester Metropolitan University;
- Opportunity of a permanent position with the company; 70% of host companies make a permanent job offer to their Associate at the end of the project.
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Kirstie Andrews (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof Neil Reeves (email@example.com).
Closing date: 25 October 2019
To apply, please click on the apply button: