Communications Systems Design Engineer
We are seeking a Communications Systems Design Engineer with a strong background in communication theory and signal processing. The successful candidate will join our Wireless Systems Group in Ely and as a senior member of the team, will be responsible for the systems design and implementation of physical layer algorithms for low power Wi-Fi and Bluetooth products.
You will be a team-player, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills to work with cross-functional teams to deliver successful designs. You will thrive on complex technical challenges and be personally motivated to provide the best solution to challenging problems.
- Design and simulation of the physical layer of wireless communication systems
- Development of system models for performance evaluation, optimization and to guide design trade-offs
- Working with the RF/Analog design team to develop module specifications
- Working with the digital design team to realize algorithms and digital modules
- Working with RF/Analog, digital and validation teams to bring-up, test and trouble-shoot test chips and SoC's
- Documentation and development of design and test plans
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design and implementation of wireless systems
- Strong background in signal processing and communication theory
- Programming experience in MATLAB and C/C++ for system modelling and evaluation
- Experience in IC/SoC design, and chip bring-up and testing
- Experience in Wi-Fi or Bluetooth wireless protocols and standards would be an advantage
- A team player; able to identify and resolve technical and schedule issues with team members. Team management skills would be an advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present technical materials effectively and produce good quality engineering documentation.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD qualification in Electronic Engineering or similar