Flight Simulation Software Engineer
L3Harris Commercial Aviation make air travel safer and more efficient via our commitment to being agile and innovative. Innovation is in our DNA. We use our experience and insight to look at things from a different angle and we are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Our combined breadth of expertise enables us to lead the market, developing new game-changing technologies and solutions making the commercial aviation landscape safer. From our RealitySeven full flight simulators to our hand-held devices and simulation-based training tools we provide user-friendly, engaging systems to enhance business operations.
As a Flight Simulation Software Engineer, you will be part of the Simulation Technologies team, working on a wide variety of challenging activities such as: developing applications and tools for Windows or Linux; developing real-time simulation software; and integrating aircraft manufacturer’s software with our simulation software.
Essential skills and experience
- A solid and proven software engineering background
- Experience in application / tools / real-time software development, testing, deployment and support
- A working knowledge of: modern programming languages such as C, C++, C#; and tools such as Bitbucket, SourceTree, Eclipse, Visual Studio and Bamboo
- A proven ability to work effectively under pressure as part of a high performing team
- Knowledge of aviation-industry standards such as those published by ARInc would be beneficial.
If you’re a Software Engineer with great communication and team player skills and are looking to move into a fast-paced environment then we’d like to hear from you. Show us your passion for problem solving and being resourceful and take control and drive of your own career.
Qualification and educational requirements:
- An appropriate Bachelor degree (with mathematics, science or engineering content) or equivalent technical experience
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Closing date: 20 October 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 28 October 2019
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.