Electrical and Electronic Design Engineers
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - £33,850 - £45,850 plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional benefits and an excellent work / life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
The Warhead Engineering group at AWE is looking for Engineers at various stages of their careers across Electrical/Electronic disciplines to support development within a wide range of technically challenging projects.
We currently have roles available in the following disciplines and are interested in hearing from candidates with experience in any of the following:
· Power regulation SMPS DCDC converters, pulse transformers, filters, interface circuits, transmission lines, schematic capture, PCB layout
· Design using VHDL, verification
· Pulsed power, voltage step-up, energy storage, switching, high-reliability
· Dielectric structures, ferroelectrics, conductive ceramics, brazing technology
· Modelling & simulation, transformer design, solenoid design, coupling, inductive charging
· Transmitters, receivers, software defined radio
In growing our capability across these areas, we will also be looking to grow your skills and knowledge as an Engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work.
If you think you have what it takes to engineer the extraordinary and directly shape the future of our nuclear deterrent, apply now for a role to help with:
· Finding novel solutions to difficult technical challenges
· Delivering hardware at all life cycle phases from 'cradle to grave'
· Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future
· Ensuring we have the right people, processes and plant to deliver our current and future programmes
· Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective and safe, today and into the future
To be considered for these roles, you must have an HNC / HND or higher qualification in an engineering discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment and possess strong communication skills.
We welcome applications from candidates who would like to discuss flexible/part time working.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.