What’s the opportunity?
MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world class and dominant European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within the PCB Layout team for PCB Layout Engineers.
The PCB Layout team is tasked with supplying PCB Layouts to our designers. These span all types from simple boards to complex multilayer, rigid/flexi-rigid, surface mount, impedance matched, RF etc. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop technical skills across our broad range of products. What will you be doing?
This role involves providing PCB Design Layouts from Electronic and Mechanical Engineers’ requirements. The PCB Layout Engineer will provide suitable component placements and routing for review in accordance with requirements and MBDA design rules. Fabrication and Assembly Manufacturing data packs are then produced to company standards. It requires close and detailed working with all stakeholders from conception through to delivery of layouts against agreed timescales to meet Project deliverables.
This is a PCB Design Layout role and does not include Electronic/Schematic design.
Businesses must continuously improve and MBDA is no exception. Identification and implementation of improvement activities will be part of the role. The activities of the role could span the international boundary and encompass our French colleagues to harmonise processes and shared CAD library. What are the benefits for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to develop and broaden technical skills within a growing company. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and to achieve a real feeling of success. What’s great about joining this team?
The PCB Layout team is a dynamic and focussed team specialising in all aspects of PCB Layout. The team is located together in one group providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence that binds the team together to face the challenges of the future. The technical challenges are stimulating and provide continuous technical progression for those wishing to excel in their careers. Who and what we are looking for from you?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- A good understanding of the design processes and best practices for PCB Layout
- Pro-active approach, motivated with the ability to deliver quality products on time and to cost whilst ensuring Design for Manufacture and Design for Test.
- PCB Layout knowledge of multi-layer designs.
- Experience of High Speed design requirements advantageous.
- An understanding of IPC standards for high reliability products.
- A good understanding of PCB fabrication processes and technologies (materials, stack-ups etc.)
- A good understanding of PCB assembly processes and technologies.
- Preferably knowledge of flexi-rigid, flexi and RF designs, but not mandatory
- Work effectively in collaboration with mechanical, electronic designers and relevant project managers
- Manage own workload and take ownership of own designs (organising reviews and identifying/addressing potential issues).
- Have good verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Preferably knowledge of Zuken CR5000 or CR8000, but not mandatory as training would be provided for the right candidate.
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).