AWE is currently recruiting for Manufacturing Engineers (Tooling Design & Packaging Engineers)
Location: Reading / Basingstoke area
Salary: £33,850 - £47,850 dependent on skills and experience
AWE offer a market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours. Part time hours will be considered. A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
We design and manufacture a wide range of products, materials and tools to support our mission. Our operations include precision component manufacture, fabrication, explosive formulation, fissile material production,
rubbers and plastics, and warhead assembly and disassembly.
The role of a Manufacturing Engineer (Tooling Design & Packaging Design) within this area of our business is to realise product design, delivering and managing process, tooling and packaging designs for both improvements and introduction. This will include the creation and configuration of manufacturing process documentation (designs, drawings, reports, specifications) in accordance with appropriate procedures and legislation within a highly regulated environment.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who are at various stages of their career who can demonstrate a wide engineering experience ideally within a Manufacturing or Production Engineering environment, delivering engineering and production systems to support a range of processes which are compliant with the relevant legislation.
Ideally candidates will have previous experience within some of the following:
· A detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes which may include machining, presswork, inspection, moulding and metallurgy
· Design to Manufacture (D2M) experience of tooling, packaging or equipment including requirements capture and presenting at design reviews
· Knowledge of materials and their properties
· Knowledge of design, components, tool design and manufacture
· Good knowledge of manufacturing systems and knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
· An understanding and application of UK Health and Safety Legislation in a Manufacturing or Production environment including quality standards, best practice and procedures
· Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Continuous Improvement, Quality Tools and Model Based Realisation
· An ability to produce or assist in the production of Manufacturing Documentation (designs, drawings, reports, specification and operating instructions)
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.