MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Do you have the drive and aptitude to juggle and deliver your expertise across multiple projects? The creativity and personality to work with others to derive holistic solutions to technically challenging problems? At MBDA, there is the opportunity for you to work on a variety of projects that will stretch your skills and imagination as a Thermal Engineer. Working for an internationally recognised company, delivering leading edge military systems, you will play a critical role in ensuring that MBDA’s products deliver the necessary performance against key customer requirements. What are we looking for?
- Degree/Doctorate qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a sound fundamental knowledge of heat transfer analysis using Finite Element methods.
- Experience applying numerical based tools (e.g. ANSYS, 6SigmaET, ICEPAK, FLOTHERM) to investigate and analyse heat conductance problems.
- Determined individuals that are self-motivated and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
Desirable/Essential for candidates able to demonstrate a greater level of experience:
What’s in it for you?
- Experience leading and managing small teams in the delivery of projects.
- Relevant experience in an equivalent or comparable industry.
- Knowledge and experience of methods for managing the thermal performance of mechanical and electronic systems.
- Past experience writing/reviewing formal documents/deliverables on projects.
- Previous experience identifying and delivering capability and technical improvements.
What would you get?
- Fulfilling work that will stretch and grow your technical knowledge and competencies.
- Working for a company that places a strong emphasis on looking after the welfare and development of its staff.
- Various opportunities to help you develop your skills and knowledge through both structured and ‘on the job’ training.
- A choice of career paths allowing you to develop as either a Technical Expert, Technical Lead or Line Manager.
- Extensive opportunities to develop and build your networks and reputation across MBDA.
- Opportunity to shape the development of MBDA UK’s thermal analysis capabilities.
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
Investigating the thermal performance of whole missile systems and mechanical and electronic sub-systems, by:
- Drawing on your understanding of heat conductance, convection and radiation;
- Participating and managing others to carry out hand calculations and apply numerical based tools (e.g. ANSYS, 6SigmaET, ICEPAK, FLOTHERM);
- Deriving evidence on which to base thermal performance decisions and evidence in preparation for full-scale flight and environmental trials;
- Proposing and analysing standard and novel approaches for mitigating the thermal impact on electronic and mechanical systems;
- Managing and delivering your own small-scale experimental studies as well as guiding trials teams to deliver test requirements that you have generated.
- Working on projects spanning the whole product lifecycle, from concept through to in-service.
- Acting as the main point of contact with internal and external customers, stakeholders and suppliers on assigned projects.
- Delivering verbal and written reports to ratify design and equipment thermal performance decisions.
- Managing the delivery of work through individuals and teams that you may directly manage.
Building MBDA UK’s future thermal capabilities and technical competence to deliver thermal investigations, by:
What’s great about the team?
- Generating/working on ideas supported by internally funded research;
- Disseminating your skills and knowledge across the stakeholder community.
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to improve its effectiveness and influence across MBDA.
- A supportive environment where people feel valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Delivers high priority work that is pivotal to thermally clearing MBDA UK’s military systems.
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives. Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)