Measurement Scientist - Electronic Engineering
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - £33,850 - £45,850 plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional benefits and an excellent work / life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
AWE has an excellent opportunity for an Electronic Engineer to contribute to and manage projects for the design, characterisation, procurement, installation, commissioning and in-service support of radiological instrumentation.
· Task Management of apprentices and less experience staff; ensuring their safety and competence is upheld
· Ensure the technical and financial success of small radiological instrumentation projects
· Inform and consult any stakeholders inside and outside of the group
· Delivery of reasoned, well-researched and feasible recommendations to project stakeholders
· Issue of technical documentation for small projects
· Timely delivery of radiological products to customers at agreed cost
· Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
· Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system
To be considered for these roles, you must have an HNC / HND or higher qualification in an engineering or physics discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment and possess strong communication skills. Ideally you will also have an ability to draw schematics and printed circuit board layouts and have participated in electronics projects at all stages of development.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.