An opportunity has arisen within the Group Internal Audit team providing assurance to the MBDA Board covering all MBDA’s activities. This is a great opportunity to join the MBDA Audit team and gain valuable exposure to the wider business function with a longer term view of moving in to the Finance function. What are we looking for?
You will be able to undertake audits of financial activities, as well as a wide variety of other audits.
You will have a financial services or insurance background. Qualified CIMA/ACA is desirable. CIA is advantageous. The ability to communicate clearly, articulate risk and add value is essential.
You will be a self-starter, as the successful applicant will be leading audit engagements - including complex ones - and change activities.
A broad knowledge of the basic business functions and their governance within a large organisation is beneficial.
Team working is paramount within Internal Audit, therefore it is necessary that the successful candidate can work effectively as a team member.
You will have:
What’s in it for you?
- A good understanding of accountancy and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to de-construct existing procedures and activities, and identify areas of risk, and improvement
- The ability to communicate clearly throughout a layered business organisation. Recognising the sensitivities necessary when dealing with different layers of the business is essential
- The ability to recognise and articulate a risk against a given state or activity
- An appreciation of international cultural sensitivity and diplomacy (essential as the role includes international working).
- Proven analytical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to identify the nature of an ill-defined problem and then adapt a solution through alternative thinking to mitigate the root cause
- Experience of synthesising complex data into an easily digestible format
- The ability to deliver presentations in front of Senior Management
- Excellent command of English language, and strong report writing skills
- The ability to lead a small international group of individuals from other teams, providing them with clear direction, support and assistance where required in order to achieve a common goal
- Possibility to travel for short periods (2-3 days) to France, Germany, Italy and Spain and within the UK
The opportunity to work with the senior management of the business giving you great exposure and allowing you to develop a strong network.
What would you get?
- You will both lead and support audit engagements.
- The work encompasses all of MBDA’s activities, including those of the subsidiaries and Joint Ventures. Hence, it offers significant variety and a unique opportunity to gain a breadth of experience and understanding.
- Working for a Times Top 25 company that employs 11,000 people globally, which brings opportunities for career development.
- The position is located in our modern spacious campus-style offices in Hertfordshire.
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
The Internal Auditor ultimately provides assurance to the MBDA Board by undertaking Internal Audits covering all of MBDA’s activities. The successful candidate will be required to plan audits, undertake fieldwork, report to the management and board, and follow up on recommendations made.
In addition, there is an opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the team’s activities. What’s great about the team?
The successful candidate will be working in an international team with all the benefits of experiencing different cultures whilst also providing the opportunity to travel within Europe.The team is a small one allowing it to be very responsive to change to which all team members can contribute. There are opportunities for all to lead change activities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)