Range Technician – Telemetry
1 day left
- Job Type
At QinetiQ we’re dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers. We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
Working in a world class Testing and Trials Evaluation environment, you will play a vital role in the maintenance, repair and operation, of a broad range of equipment, underpinned by a qualification in and practical working knowledge of electrical and electronic equipment. The primary scope of this role is focused on the maintenance and live operation of Telemetry receiving systems and their associated data distribution infrastructure.
In addition the site operates an array of Air Traffic Management Systems (ATM) including airfield radars, Ground to Air communications systems as well as Marine Surveillance Radars and their associated displays and networks. We also maintain and operate Tracking radars and distributed IT systems providing the opportunity for pro-active individuals to gain a working knowledge across a wide range of equipment and systems.
Key Skills/Qualifications Required:
• ONC / HNC or equivalent experience in an electrical and electronic engineering discipline.
• Understanding of electro mechanical servo control systems as well as the associated receivers
• Working knowledge and understanding of telecommunications systems, networks & IT Systems.
• Thorough understanding of RF principles as applied to transmitters and receivers.
• Practical hand skills / able to install systems infrastructure / cable management systems and equipment.
• Valid UK Driving licence.
Desirable Skills Required:
• Familiarity with Visio and AutoCAD drawing packages.
• Understanding of Telemetry protocols and formats.
• Ability to install and terminate copper and fibre cable infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be expected to pass medicals to enable working at height and also to undertake the Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with Compressed Air-Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS) to enable travel to St Kilda via helicopter. In the support of equipment and trials there will be occasions of overtime/extended hours & weekend working which is recompensed in line with company policy.
If you are looking for a change of career direction and new opportunity, working with a diverse and experienced team on a remote island in the Outer Hebrides, we are keen to hear from you.