1 day left
- Job Type
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To provide systems engineering support and leadership to projects and bids (processes, methods and tools), as directed by the Principal Systems Engineer / platform Project Engineer.
The jobholder is accountable for:
• Assisting with the day-to-day leadership and management of engineering and technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs that meet the customer’s requirements.
• Ensuring that Systems Engineering gains and retains a ‘world class’ standard through continuous improvement.
• Working as a key member of the Systems/Project Engineering team.
• Ensuring delivery of integrated activities to contracted time, cost and quality.
• Ensuring a consistent approach to the integration of engineering outputs across all platform tasks.
• Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools for the delivery stream ensuring a coherent integration of engineering activity to meet customer requirements.
• Effective capture and analysis of customer requirements.
• Assisting with the coordination of bids and estimates, generation of technical/solution strategies (e.g.. Evaluation & Test Strategy) and work breakdown structures to support project cost plans and bids.
• Assisting with the production of appropriate Technical Assurance plans and ensuring adherence throughout the project life cycle.
• Assisting with the identification of project technical risks and assisting the Project Manager with the management of them.
• Compliance with business processes and engineering governance.
Scope and Impact:
• Promoting consistent use of all systems engineering processes, methods and tools.
• Supporting development and retention of a ‘world class’ capability to provide customers with independent technical advice.
• Delivery of integrated output that meets business objectives.
Successful outcomes of this role:
• Integrated solutions meet customers’ needs
• Governance is applied
• Military integration is effective.
• Adapting to evolving processes and new ways of working
• Ensuring project engineering technical governance is appropriate
• Delivery of consistent integrated solutions.
Essential education, qualifications and training:
• Recognised aerospace qualification to at least HNC standard or equivalent.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience required:
• Excellent people management and communication skills
• Technical experience throughout the air vehicle life cycle
• Ability to make sound judgements on integrated solutions
• Sound knowledge of technical governance
• Sound knowledge of the MoD customer and MOD Procurement process
• Knowledge of aircraft certification
• Knowledge of RA1220
• Knowledge of MAA RA1220
• Aerospace Engineering Background.
Essential personal qualities and behavioural requirements:
• Recognised as a leader
• Good team player with good customer facing presence
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Able to stand behind judgement.
• Engineering degree
• Chartered Engineer, or evidence of progress towards CEng
• A working knowledge of general Systems Engineering principles
• Helicopters background.