An opportunity has arisen to be part of the dynamic UK Systems Design - Capability Department supporting the development of Systems Engineering Capability and providing Systems Engineering support to strategic change programmes and Complex Systems development projects across the MBDA UK portfolio of products. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Systems Engineer with up to date knowledge of issues in relevant specialist area(s) e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Human Factors (HF), control and analysis.
- Understanding of state of the art Systems Engineering methods and their application in the systems engineering domain i.e. experience of lifecycle issues from concept through to disposal on major projects.
- Holistic Systems Thinker with experience of: architecting in complex environments; engaging with complex stakeholders to elicit and trade needs to deliver value; architecting at different levels of abstraction.
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Excellent communication and good problem solving skills are essential.
- Appropriate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, plus a number of years relevant experience (not including initial graduate training or the equivalent if an external recruit).
As a key part of a small, fast-moving critical capability team you will have the opportunity to:
What would you get?
- Work closely with a variety of projects, functions and key stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Network with external professional bodies, peer organisations and academia.
- Collaborate with teams in MBDA France, Italy and Germany, to share, leverage and implement coherent approaches. This will involve international meetings and may involve international travel.
- Make a significant contribution to enhancing Systems Engineering in MBDA UK
- Apply Systems Engineering to holistic Capability problems, contributing towards the direction that Systems Capability is delivered within MBDA UK
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
The role forms part of a small team responsible for understanding current and emerging Systems Engineering best practice, applying this knowledge appropriately in the context of MBDA’s development programmes, and supporting project teams and practitioners in the application of the appropriate methods. This includes the development of the overall competency profile of Systems Engineers across the System Design & Validation function.
Key individual responsibilities include:
What’s great about the team?
- Providing education, training and consultancy style support to key projects, tailored to project needs to ensure maximum project benefit is obtained from best practice use.
- Assessing core Systems Engineering techniques and developing/delivering process improvement and behavioural change to teams.
- Supporting implementation of international alignment on Systems Engineering knowledge and expertise
- Ability to understand and implement MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering) concepts into practising projects.
- Ensuring consideration of a full lifecycle approach to the design of systems into project teams.
- Keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- You will be joining a team of experienced Systems Engineers who have genuine passion and enthusiasm for Systems Engineering. They continually develop and readily share their knowledge and understanding of Systems Engineering methods and tools, specifically in a challenging model-driven context.
- The team have developed and continue to develop excellent working relationships with projects, other functions and key stakeholders across the business both in MBDA UK and the wider MBDA international group business.
- The team have real impact on the delivery of critical strategic programmes such as the current Model-based Engineering enhancement and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) programmes enabling collaborative model-based engineering across the MBDA enterprise.
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval). Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group