An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Group Export Sector of Sales & Business Development for an experienced engineer. This role offers a unique opportunity for an individual to broaden their capabilities and knowledge in a dynamic and complex environment to define and deliver MBDA’s technical and winning solutions.
What are we looking?
What's in it for you?
- We need you to have a high degree of self-motivation and drive, and the ability to work independent and as part of a team;
- We want you to have excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to negotiate technical positions and to build relationships with clients;
- You must be highly experienced in engineering solutions, their integration onto platforms and associated costs;
- You must be flexible and be prepared to travel overseas – and work to timescales;
- You must be capable of gaining the trust and respect of Projects in defining technical solutions for export.
- You should ideally be Stevenage or Bristol based, and willing to spend considerable time in either.
- Opens a much wider breadth of domain – across multiple directorates and projects;
- Provides substantive, in-country exposure to export Customers – including how to develop and negotiate technical relationships with local Industry and Partners;
- Offers you the opportunity to represent MBDA in a senior technical role;
- Extends the opportunity for greater visibility across the Company organisation – and influencing the decision making process towards export demands;
- Many opportunities for overseas travel - gaining inter and cross-cultural awareness.
The ongoing export opportunities on offer to the Sea Ceptor programme require TMO to deliver cost competitive, technical solutions for integration on a wide range of maritime platforms. This demand on TMO will also increase as the Sea Venom programme matures and export opportunities develop.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical management and support within the Naval TMO organisation to define and deliver MBDA’s technical solutions, and help steer the Sea Ceptor and Sea Venom export product propositions across the multi-platform maritime domains. The role has a Client focus to build and develop relationships with Armed Forces; cross-cutting to ensure best-match technical solutions to meet the range of Export Customer needs; planning and integration to service and deliver the TMO responsibilities across MBDA and different Executive entities; local management to ensure the breadth of export responsibilities are effectively implemented.
The role relies on close working relationship with the MBDA Sea Ceptor and Sea Venom project teams as well as the other stakeholders in the UK weapons programme, including DE&S and WECA.
What will you be doing?
What’s great about joining this team?
- Bringing together vital stakeholders within MBDA to support, define and deliver the technical element of the export solution;
- Promoting MBDA capabilities to overseas clients;
- Understanding the environment and meeting the needs of export Customers;
- Being the technical interface with Shipyards and the Combat System Integrator;
- Representing MBDA at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- Providing technical advice to our business development teams.
What would you get?
- You will join a motivated, focussed and multi-disciplined team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key;
- The export environment is engaging and fast-moving with each campaign creating a different set of technical challenges;
- You will have financial responsibilities for managing tendering budgets – campaigns to demonstrators;
- Being part of a successful export campaign helps strengthen confidence and job satisfaction – both team and self;
- You have wide-ranging opportunities to engage with many levels of the organisation – including Military Advisers – UK and at Group level, and Project Heads
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)