To work in a unique and exclusive high technology test facility, integrating and testing missile hardware in a dynamic environment providing a critical test capability to MBDA and our customers.
You would be part of a small, multi-skilled team, doing complex technical work and experiencing a wide variety of technologies and engineering disciplines. The UK HWIL team is part of a wider, integrated, international HWIL team conducting similar activities in France and Italy, where sharing of knowledge, tools and techniques is strongly promoted.
Hardware In The Loop (HWIL) work is predominantly ‘hands on’ with real missile equipment and sophisticated test facilities. The role of the team involves designing, developing and using closed loop HWIL simulations to investigate and prove the behaviours and performance of MBDAs products over a range of different conditions to ensure high confidence in the operation of our products. HWIL testing forms a critical part of the missile design and development cycle, where testing is focussed on understanding and investigating product characteristics and behaviours, often with prototype equipment and cutting edge technologies, not simply testing on a production line. What are we looking for?
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communications skills, able to explain complex issues to people with varying technical backgrounds and depth of knowledge
- Be pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering principals and tools (e.g. DOORS, Rhapsody or equivalent)
- Able to work with varied engineering and non-engineering teams
- Basic understanding of computer science principals
What’s in it for you?
- Able to work safely and confidently with hardware
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Knowledge of communications protocols (e.g. RS422, Ethernet, MODBUS)
- Knowledge of EO/RF technologies may be advantageous
- Some familiarity with software (c, c++, MATLAB)
- Workshop skills (use of pillar drills, hand tools, soldering, etc...)
What would you get?
- Exposure to new challenges giving continual opportunities for growth and problem solving
- Experience of working in a diverse engineering environment with exposure to many different engineering skills and activities, giving lots of opportunities for learning
- Working closely with specialists both within HWIL and specialist engineers across MBDA both nationally and internationally
- Working with real equipment, not just a desk job
- Opportunities to gain deep knowledge of how MBDA products work by testing them as a system.
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- To work closely with project customers to agree proving strategies that make the best use of the benefits offered by HWIL testing.
- To participate in the technical definition of HWIL simulations to answer the needs of projects.
- To develop test and HWIL simulation requirements and test plans to meet the needs of project customers
- To conduct project focussed testing within the facility
- To analyse results from testing and investigate and resolve any anomalies with other engineering disciplines.
- To prepare deliverable reports for HWIL's customers (both internal to MBDA and external).
A relatively small, highly experienced, multi skilled team, renowned for delivering critical testing for MBDA
The team are highly pro-active and passionate about the work that they do. The team has a strong problem solving approach to work, where a real difference can be made by everybody in the team. Opportunity to develop “hands on” and practical engineering solutions from the varied skills within the team who offer a high level of support to each other. Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval). Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)